Saturday 24 July 2010

Adeladie here I come

A lie in, how nice.

Tiger airways to Adelaide. A cross between easyjet and Ryan air. Easyjet because they have a TV show and Ryan air because they are very cheap. They are also very strict so I was gald when I managed to keep my main sack under 15kg and my hand luggage at 6.7k (max is 7 - and they do not like it if it's over!). Tiny lounge with a lovely long walk over the tarmac to the plane. All said the flight was good, on time and the staff (as with all Aussies I've met so far) were highly friendly.

Didn't really pay attention when I booked my accomodation but it was out of Adelaide in Glenelg - whiuch actually turned out really well as it was right by the beach and very peaceful. Enjoyed some more Flake and Chips whilst watching the stunning sunset sat on the beach. There was a chocolate cafe in the high street so I finally gave into my curiositsy to try a hot chocolate with chilli & cinnamon. If you've ever read 'Chocolat' or 'The Lollipop Shoes' then you will know what I mean. If you haven't I definitley recommend them....unless you're on a diet in which case I'd lock them in a safe somewhere.

In brief, the chilli hits your mouth in the first swig and after that you can mostly taste the cinnamon and have a nice warm feeling with every mouthful, mostly though, it's chilli - weirdly nice.

The hostel was cool, 4 victorian houses joined together with kitchens, TV room and bar in the basement. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment