Sunday 25 July 2010

The Ghan

One oif the guys from the hostel gave me lift to the station. Checked my luggage in to a very chirpy man behind the Train counter (did I mention how friendly ALL Australians have been?  They really are you know) and then a good hour hanging around trying not to be tempted by the cafe before boarding.

After  some shuffling of other passengers I ended up with an empty seat next to me which was nice. Train travel id definitely the way to go. Loads of room, Seats that almost recline horizontalx and a buffet car so that you can recreate scenes from any 50's American film that features one  if the mood takes you. Sadly I thought that a rendition of "Snow, Snow, Snow" from 'White Christmas' (it's always snowy in Vermont) would not go well with the red surroundings.

Watched the scenery change from green to red with scrub, a fantastic sunset and then settled back for a relaxing sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment